Over the past few months circus Zambia has implemented Community Entry Dialogue Sessions with community members from Mutendere community in Lusaka. The Youth discussed issues around Sustainable Development Goal number 3-Good Health and Well Being. Major issues that came out where the prevalence of Drug Abuse in these communities. There has been a rise in the consumption of alcohol and subsequent mental health issues.
The Youth also underwent a capacity building training on SDG 16- Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions. Topics included but were not limited to:
- Rule of law at the national and international levels and ensure equal access to justice for all.
- Substantially reduce corruption and bribery in all their forms
- Effective, accountable, and transparent institutions at all levels
- Responsive, inclusive, participatory, and representative decision-making at all levels
- Legal identity for all, including birth registration.
- Public access to information and protect fundamental freedoms, in accordance with national legislation and international agreement
The training was conducted by the United Nations Youth Association in collaboration with Global Platform Zambia (an Action Aid Initiative). After the training, the Youth Task Force implemented the Youth Parliament and Community Entry Dialogue.
The Youth have also been spreading information around issues of the Sustainable Development Goals through a Radio program on Yatsani Radio. They continue to incorporate pressing issues from the Community Entry Dialogue sessions to educate the community on the different Sustainable Development Goals.